Hey internet, I made you a mix of summertime covers on @8tracks: “Cover me this summer.”
1. Cupid (Sam Cooke) — Melanie Fiona & The Illadelphonics
2. You Belong With Me (TSwift) — Butch Walker
3. I Wanna Hold Your Hand (Beatles) — Al Green
4. Fat Bottomed Girls (Queen)— Antigone Rising
5. Sixteen Going On Seventeen (Sound of Music) — Modern Music
6. Young Americans (Bowie)— The Cure
7. Lovesong (the Cure) — Jack Off Jill
8. Fuck and Run (Liz Phair)— Cassettes Won’t Listen
9. Chicago (Sufjan Stevens)— DeVotchKa
10. All I Want Is You (Barry Louis Polisar) — Vespers
11. Beggin’ (Madcon) — The Saturdays
12. Telephone (gaga + bey) — Pomplamoose
13. Tubthumping (chumbawumba) Angus & Julia Stone
14. Summertime (gershwin) - The Wailin’ Jennys
15. Let It Be Me (Everly Brothers) — Reid Jamieson
16. Bulletproof ([La Roux) — Lou Barlow
my heart, my heart JL8, you are smushing it.
Guys! DCLX is tomorrow! I know!
The public gallery broke into a traditional Maori love song after the announcement that the same-sex marriage bill had passed for New Zealand.
Excuse me while I go cry
I cried this is so great
the KEEP presents BRYAN CAHALL and the BUMPER JACKSONS and SOLOMON DOUGLAS and the OBERTONES and also MY DAD
In short, that crazy week went quite well.
At some length, that show was exactly what I’d dreamed of, and is the best party I’ve ever thrown. In my current life.
I want to talk it all out, but I just want to put this here. For now. This whole week - last night at the Newseum - has been more piano, but still just as sweet.
what emotional maturity?
It’s still so hard for me to tell: do you care for me, or are you simply a great dancer?
Should I even mildly give a damn?